Sally K. Williams
Sally K. Williams. Ph.D.
- University of Florida Food Microbiology 1989-93 Ph.D.
- Santa Fe Community College Business Admin. & Mktg. 1986-89 (part-time student) Certificate
- University of Florida Food Microbiology 1974-77 M.S.
- Albany State College Science Education 1972-73 Certificate
- Albany State College Biology 1967-71 B.S.
- Area of Specialization: Study of sole and synergistic effects of food additives on meat, poultry and related muscle food proteins. In determining these effects, microbiology, food safety, consumer acceptance, and storage stability of muscle foods are determined.
- Associate Professor. University experience as professor and researcher in the area of Meat and Poultry Products and Food Safety/Microbiology in the College of Agricultural and Life Science, Department of Animal Sciences, Meat Science Group. Supervise Master of Science and Doctoral Research graduate students. Publish Scientific articles in area of expertise. Member of professional organizations in area of expertise.
- Mentor: Mentor students in University of Florida Minority Mentoring Program, Department of Animal Sciences Summer Undergraduate and Graduate Research Program, and Summer Florida Alliance for Health Professions Diversity-Health Equity Research Institute (FAHPD-HERI) Scholars Program. Serve as judge for the annual local and regional Alachua County Science and Engineering Fair.
- Professional Affiliations: Poultry Science Association; Institute of Food Technologists; Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society; Meat Science Association; Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences (MANRRS)
- Ronald E. McNair Advisory Board; Department of Animal Sciences Graduate Committee; McKnight Doctoral Fellows Advisory Board; McKnight Doctoral Fellows Mid-Year Research and Writing Conference; Co-Advisor for University of Florida Student Chapter of Minorities in Agriculture Natural Resources and Related Sciences; and Tutor in After School Educational Enrichment Community Program.
Past professional Experiences
- Worked as Product Development Specialist in private industry in the area of food research and development at American Bacteriological & Chemical Research Corporation; Supervised graduate research for one Malawian student, Major – Animal Science with Meat and Poultry Processing and Food Safety in the USAID Initiative for Long-Tern Training and Capacity Building (UILTCB) Program, 2011- 2013; Conducted research that impacted the nutritional health of Haitian Children; Served on Alltech Student Research Manuscript Award committee, 2014-2016, Committee Chair, and numerous other committees in area of expertise. Reviewer for scientific journals domestic and international.
- Education Enrichment Ministry