UF SSS program is a TRIO program funded by the U.S. Department of Education that provides academic assistance, personal support and cultural enrichment for eligible undergraduate students at the University of Florida. Primary objectives of SSS programs are to assist scholars to maintain good academic standing, to persist in college, and ultimately to graduate from the University with a baccalaureate degree. UF SSS helps students excel beyond good academic standing, scholars are expected to aspire to excellence. This is accomplished through providing access to a wide range of resources and support services. UF SSS is dedicated to creating a supportive academic and social community to help make the university experience a positive one.
UF SSS Scholars may use free group and individual tutoring, participate in financial, educational and developmental workshops, pursue leadership opportunities within the program, and attend cultural events. All services are provided free of cost to active program members.
- National data shows that Student Support Services students make higher grades, stay in college longer, and graduated at higher rates than other students
- Student Support Services receive intensive advising and counseling, free tutoring in subjects where they need help
- Information about financial aid
- Transfer information for scholars coming from a two-year institution
- Information about graduate schools and other assistance designed for success in college
Room 311 in Little Hall.
Complete and return a UF SSS application for membership in Student Support Services.
Director, Student Support Services
1400 Stadium Road
311 Little Hall
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611
Call (352) 392-0788 if you have any questions.
No. Only 140 students at a time can be a member of Student Support Services. Preference is given to students whose mothers or fathers did not graduate from a four-year college, to students from low-income families, and to students with a handicap or disability. Also, students that have been at UF and need help in “getting back in the swing” of being a student. If you are in doubt, but think you would benefit from Student Support Services, complete the SSS application and contact Dr. Browdy, UF SSS Director, or call (352) 392-0788.